I don’t know about you but I have a habit of getting comfortable with my likes and dislikes and almost trying to stick with them.
I thought I hated brussel sprouts. Now I eat 4-5 lbs a week.
I thought I would never be uncool enough to take adult dance lesson. Now the man and I are salsa-ing with new salsa shoes which make me feel…salsa sexy.
I thought I liked Dr. Phil cause Oprah does. I thought wrong.
I totally thought I wasn’t a cat person.
Our new adopted kitty. Meet Leroy.
That’s bad, bad, Leroy Brown, baddest cat in the whole damn town. Doesn’t he look bad?
Apparently I do like cats. This cat has me wrapped.
For any of you who could have sworn they didn’t like tofu, you need to try this and step out of the ‘I thought I didn’t’ box.
Tofu Curry with Lentils
- 1 T ghee (butter or oil)
- 2 onions quartered
- 2 carrots peeled
- 2 hot peppers
- 1 large piece of ginger (about 2″)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 large red pepper sliced into strips
- 2 1/2 cups green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 2 blocks of extra firm tofu cut into bite size pieces (frozen, defrosted and excess water squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- heat your oil in a large pot.
- Place onions, carrots, hot peppers, ginger and garlic into a food processor and blend until you have a watery paste.
- Drain most of the water from the vegetable mash and then pour over the hot oil.
- Lower the heat to medium and let the veggies cook stirring once in a while until they begin to stick which should take about 15 minutes. Add the curry paste and powder and stir well.
- Add the red pepper, peas, tofu, lentils, coconut milk and water.
- Let this simmer uncovered for at least an hour making sure to stir every once in a while.
- Once the curry is tender and has thickened, add salt and lemon juice. Now is the time to taste and more if you like.
You can serve this on brown rice, quinoa, barley or nothing at all since it’s full of lentils. I served it with plain yogurt and whole wheat pitas.
If you love curry like we do then just make this. Make it even if you think you won’t like it. You will. :0)
What has surprised you about you lately?