Another Summer

September 15, 2011
tags:

Time seems to be passing at a quicker than normal pace lately. September 15th already?

What the…?

I’ve had some fun. The following photos were taken with my Iphone so forgive the crappy quality.

There’s been some camping with my sister and all the girls.

Labour day weekend in Montreal with my friend Lisa. One of my favourite people :0)

And school started. Although I won’t say I wasn’t ready for it or even a little elated, ecstatic or that I did a little dance but…I already miss them.

A bit.

I’m also in the middle of setting up yet another living space for the next 6 months or until I find a house.  Yesterday we finally received our shipment from Australia Kitchenaid and all!   I plan on joining the blogging world again and have a ton of recipe ideas to share .  One of the easiest and healthiest meals I return to time and time again is Quiche.  Healthy and full of both protein and good fats, it’s a favourite in my house.  Feel free to mix up the vegetables or change the types of cheese used.  I made a whole wheat crust using this recipe but the beauty of The Quiche is that crust is totally not necessary.

Veggie Packed Quiche

• 5 eggs
  • 3/4 cup whipping cream (can use any milk)
  • 1/2 cup milk (any milk)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 cup fresh chives sliced thinly
  • 1/4 t nutmeg
  • 1 cup red pepper diced
  • 1 package frozen spinach (defrost and squeeze out all excess water)
  • 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
  • 1/2 cup strong cheddar grated.

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Using a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream,  milk and salt until smooth.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
  4. Pour into a greased spring form pan or a deep dish pie plate.
  5. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the centre feels firm.

Dinner couldn’t be easier!

How did you spend your last month of summer?

1. September 16, 2011 9:10 am

Thank-you for not posting the R-rated pictures – but you should have posted us with the same pants! Quiche looks delicious 🙂

• September 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I really wanted to show the the wiener one! I didn’t think you’d like the pants one from the crap I got from you and Alissa the last time 🙂

2. September 16, 2011 11:07 pm

oh yes, the one you chose was SO much better!

• September 16, 2011 11:28 pm

You’re so like me and hate the pics of yourself but really…..they look great. I think we get it from mom.

3. sandra permalink
    September 17, 2011 6:22 pm

hey girl,
    What do you use for a crust? Help the elderly

• September 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Hey Sandra. I left a link that you can just click on for the whole wheat pie crust that I made. Go back up and take a look and you’ll see THIS recipe highlighted in purple. just click on this and it’ll take you straight to the page.

• April 6, 2012 8:29 pm

Thank you so much for letting folks know you used my whole wheat pie crust in your quiche and for linking to it. Finding it here totally made my day! Your quiche looks fabulous.

4. sandra permalink
    September 26, 2011 8:32 pm

k made the quiche and it was delish! even made my own crust. Is Momma proud??

5. sandra permalink
    September 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Very

6. April 6, 2012 8:32 pm

I hope this isn’t a duplicate. I entered a comment, then it went pouf! Thank you for trying my whole wheat pie crust and for including a link to it. Finding your page and the link totally made my day! Your quiche looks scrumptious.