Time seems to be passing at a quicker than normal pace lately. September 15th already?
I’ve had some fun. The following photos were taken with my Iphone so forgive the crappy quality.
There’s been some camping with my sister and all the girls.
Labour day weekend in Montreal with my friend Lisa. One of my favourite people :0)
And school started. Although I won’t say I wasn’t ready for it or even a little elated, ecstatic or that I did a little dance but…I already miss them.
I’m also in the middle of setting up yet another living space for the next 6 months or until I find a house. Yesterday we finally received our shipment from Australia Kitchenaid and all! I plan on joining the blogging world again and have a ton of recipe ideas to share . One of the easiest and healthiest meals I return to time and time again is Quiche. Healthy and full of both protein and good fats, it’s a favourite in my house. Feel free to mix up the vegetables or change the types of cheese used. I made a whole wheat crust using this recipe but the beauty of The Quiche is that crust is totally not necessary.
Veggie Packed Quiche
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (can use any milk)
- 1/2 cup milk (any milk)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup fresh chives sliced thinly
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1 cup red pepper diced
- 1 package frozen spinach (defrost and squeeze out all excess water)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup strong cheddar grated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, milk and salt until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased spring form pan or a deep dish pie plate.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the centre feels firm.
Dinner couldn’t be easier!
How did you spend your last month of summer?