Revenge is sweet
Once upon a time my girls decided to give their little cousins a make over. Ms. Brina was not impressed with her makeup artist (Alex) and proceeded to shed many a tear over the lousy job. This was over a year ago and clearly she’s been holding a grudge ever since.
Payback’s a bitch.
These muffins were a last-minute dessert for the man. He loves lemon poppy seed but I had no lemons. I had zucchini’s though so why not?
Zucchini poppy-seed Muffins
- 4 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (any oil)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I used 2 tbsp vinegar with skim milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour **(or make your own in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup almond flour **(can also make this in a blender)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3 t baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
** both almond and oat flour can be purchased at health food stores or the bulk barn but you can also make your own in a food processor. Be careful to stop with the almonds though before it becomes a butter.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F. Begin by grating the zucchini with peel on and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend coconut oil, buttermilk and eggs until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and be careful not to over mix.
If you have an ice cream scoop, it’s the perfect amount for muffin cups. Either grease your muffin tins or use paper liners. Recently I purchased 12 silicone muffin liners and they are fab u lous!
School’s starting soon (yay) and these would be a perfect snack for lunch.
I’m not looking forward to making lunches again for the girls. I find it a constant struggle to keep things interesting for them but on the bright side, there are no more peanut restrictions in high school.
Any suggestions for the lunch bag?