Lift from the knees…
August has been a hectic month but I feel like I’m getting back into the swing of things with my workout. Not so much with blogging 🙂 but that will come once school starts! This weekend I ran 10 km in total and although it was harder than it should be, I was feeling good and feeling that workout high that I’ve missed in the last year.
Problem? and isn’t there always one? Since I’ve been avoiding heavy weights and really pushing myself, my body is pissed when I work hard. Yesterday I strained my left rhomboid.
From personal training I can usually self diagnose muscle injuries. I fit all the rhomboid strain criteria, especially the one where I can’t look down? 😦 I’ve forgotten how nice it is to look down. I don’t have the puurtiest feet but I do like to look at them once in a while. I couldn’t brush my teeth this morning because the sink is too low to spit (I know…gross) and chopping the cherries for these muffins was performed very carefully and very slowly….while I looked straight ahead.
Banana Cherry Muffins
adapted: Pinch my salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cups sugar (or splenda)
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped sweet cherries
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a blender (I used the bullet), blend the egg, oil, vanilla and bananas until smooth.
- Add this along with the sugar to the flour mixture and mix well. Fold in cherries.
- Bake until centre is firm, about 20-25 minutes.
Who would have thought bananas and cherries would go so well together?
I’m off to beg for another back massage from one of my children….so far it’s Jojo 1, Alex 2.
I never thought I’d say this but I’m completely sick of cherries. Is there a veg or fruit that you’ve over dosed on this summer?