Not giving up.
This house hunting thing has not gone well. Either I’m just super picky or there is reason behind my failure to find a new home for us. Aside from the outrageous Toronto housing market, I just haven’t loved anything.
So not wanting to settle, we’ve decided to rent an apartment for at least 6 months in our preferred school district for the girls. Now I can take my time and stop stressing about time constraints. The positive? My kitchen will arrive from Australia soon and I will have an unfurnished space to store it and use it in. Can’t wait!
I’m pretty sure the one loaf besides banana I’ve made for the longest time is zucchini. The man loves any cake (any) but zucchini is for sure on his top three. I’ve made many a loaf and this one was a hit.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Cashews
Slightly adapted: Eating well magazine
- 1 cup chopped salted cashew nuts
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup splenda (or sugar)
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 cups grated zucchini unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan well with cooking oil and then sprinkle some cocoa powder on top.
- Grate the zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, apple sauce, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- To the same bowl add the rest of the ingredients except zucchini and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and zucchini.
- Bake until centre is cooked through which took 1 hour in my oven.
Chocolate….zucchini…cashews. How can this not be good? It’s not- not good. It’s good. Really good.
If I was you I would make this.
Oh right. I did make it. That was smart of me.