‘Stolen’ hearts

February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines everyone!  Look what the man gave me…

Yes that’s a bat and a rose.  So romantic.

Let me explain….we were robbed at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning while we slept. They were clumsy and dropped something so we woke up and Steve confronted them, scaring them away. My hero 🙂

They still managed to steal my birthday present so I’ve lost a lot of pictures for my blog.  I may be skipping a day here and there trying to catch up so I hope you still check in every once in a while!

I did not give the girls a bat.  I did however make them a chocolate cake.  I used Katies recipe and although I spent little time on making it look pretty, the girls were impressed.

Funny how something very swift and quick like a home robbery can change the way you live in your home.     We now have a chain on our patio door (which I am not happy about) and all possessions are hidden or put away at night.

How sad to have that view blocked by a padlock.

What is NOT sad is the very delicious bread I made this weekend…..

This was the first time I’ve made bread since arriving in Sydney and I don’t know why????  I’m going to do a bread blog soon so if you have a relaxing Sunday afternoon free I’ll give step by step directions.

There is nothing like homemade bread, especially if you have your own almond butter and blueberry jam to dress it up in.

So what did you do to contribute to retailers biggest rip off day of the year for no good reason at all?

Just my opinion  🙂

1. John permalink
    February 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Holy C**P ! Hope everybody is OK! Good on ya Steve, hope ya got at least a little peice of them.
    Bread looks great, can’t wait for the list!

• February 16, 2011 9:59 am

Happy Birthday John!! Steve had the one guy but he let him go on purpose because it was pitch black and he wasn’t sure if he had a weapon…..not worth it for a few electronics right? I’m going to try and do the bread this weekend – have a great bday!

2. February 16, 2011 12:11 am

Awwwwwww you are awesome!
    And I totally agree with you about the retailer thing. Don’t think I bought anything this weekend; I already had all the chocolate I needed in my own home ;).

3. Kelly permalink
    February 16, 2011 1:44 am

That bread looks amazing – is it all whole-wheat? Looking forward to the recipe.

• February 16, 2011 9:57 am

It’s almost all whole wheat but I’ve been making this same bread for years now and I just find that a bit of white flour makes a huge difference in the rising and the texture. It gets too heavy otherwise.

4. sandra permalink
    February 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I love the bat! Very thoughtful!